Why I am "Awesome"...

For my disclaimer as to why I am "Awesome", see my first post.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

St. Teresa of Avila - she must have been so cool!

St. Teresa's quotes often floor me.  We tend to think of a Saint as some perfect being, but that is far from the truth.  They struggled just as we do.

"There come days when a single word distresses me and I long to leave the world altogether, for everything in it seems to weary me."  --- St. Teresa, The Way of Perfection

I love this one -

She was traveling far to set up a new foundation and kept meeting with problems:  flooding, hotels without proper beds, twisted ankles...  "Wryly she complained:  'So much to put up with and You send me this!'  Jesus replied:  'Teresa, that's how I treat my friends.'  She was not at loss for an answer:  'Small wonder You have so few!'  Soon her good humor returned, for once the danger was passed, they enjoyed talking about it."  --- ICWG/The Foundations

So, we don't have to be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect, we just have to keep TRYING to be!  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment