Why I am "Awesome"...

For my disclaimer as to why I am "Awesome", see my first post.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Temperance

"To live temperance well means to be detached from earthly things, to give them the importance which they merit and nothing more, to avoid creating personal needs, to exercise moderation with regard to food and drink, to rein in our whims and passions...  When we rest we do not need to run up unnecessary expense or allocate to our leisure an inordinate amount of time.  One area where we can give good example in this virtue relates to our use of television and all the other means of comfortable pastime offered by modern technology."  ---  In Conversation with God, vol. 4, p. 218

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one, I need to borrow Clint's copy of this book(set)!

    ReplyDelete